I am the creator of Redox, a Rust Operating System https://github.com/redox-os/redox. In recent weeks, Redox has reached a level of stability, and we are preparing for a first ISO release. In order to capture the interest of the Rust community, I would like to have discussions with the Rust and Servo teams, or whomever is interested, about the following:
- What would your interest be in a Rust OS?
- What would you like to see a Rust OS accomplish?
- How might Redox be changed to make development easier?
- How might Rust be changed to make development easier?
- What would need to be done to add Redox support to rustc?
- What would need to be done to port Servo to Redox?
- Is Mozilla interested in Redox, or any other Rust OS?
And of course, any other questions we would have about Redox, Rust Operating Systems in general, Rust, or Servo.