CLI Newsletter issue #3
Hello and welcome to the third issue of the CLI working group newsletter!
The CLI WG’s goal is to make writing cross-platform, well-tested, modern command line applications in Rust frictionless.
human-panic, a crate to make the output generated by
panic!()nicer, was created and published by @yoshuawuyts, @spacekookie, and @killercup
- @epage continued work on stager
- meeting 2018-05-03 at 6pm UTC on https://gitter.im/crate-ci/general
Config file management
- Some efforts are started in confy
- CLI testing
- assert_cli API revamp is happening
This week, we wanted to add a section to feature some crates that people might be interested in. The survey showed that a lot of people indified some gaps in the ecosystem for which there are already some good crates.
This week is about two crates for adding interactivity to your CLI. This is especially interesting because the CLI WG is currently not focussing on that aspect at all (we try to stabilize other fundamental things).
- http://docs.rs/indicatif is a great library to add progress indication
- https://docs.rs/dialoguer has a good set of tools for getting input fromt the user, e.g., checkboxes or password fields
This newsletter will be released regularly. If you want to get something mentioned, leave a comment on this issue.