Regression report stable-2015-05-15 vs. nightly-2015-05-28

I have lots of regressions, just not in published crates. At the moment, none of the code I have based on timely dataflow (including some data-parallel join code, and differential dataflow) builds.

For some reason, the

Global is external, but doesn't have external or weak linkage!
i32 (%closure.152*, { i32, i32 }*)* @_ZN12reachability12closure.7093E
invalid linkage type for function declaration

error is cropping up again with nested closures. This was an issue a while back, with an excellently short reproduction which still causes LLVM to abort:

Without sounding like an ingrate, it would be neat if some of these things could be fixed up, or put in the test suite, or whatever needs to be done to make some forward progress. I'd help out if I thought could (I have been sending regular ICE reports).

I had been doing Rust evangelism instead, but it is hard to do when the code I put up in blog posts doesn't run any more (and I can't fix it). It's currently just embarassing to show people. I'm about to fly to Cambridge where I was going to show the folks there how to do data-parallel compute on Rust, but I worry we're just going to go for beers for two weeks instead.

It feels a little silly to put the code up on crates.io just to get the attention, but I think having some sort of broader test coverage would be helpful for the core team. This stuff used to work, I'd love to be able to fix it, but it is rotting for now.

/vent off

1 Like