I'm looking for someone to guide me through fixing #80258. That bug has been bothering me for a while, and I have the time to work on it on weekends.
I already asked for help in the issue and rust-lang Zulip, but got no help other than "just read the code", "just read the docs", and "just grep for it". I have experience in finding my way around in large code bases, but I don't have that much time to invest on this (I have maybe 4-5 hours a week), so if anyone could help (at least point me to the relevant modules) that would be much more efficient for me and I could probably do it in a week or two.
I know how to enable trace logs and add new ones. I also read most of the rustc dev guides out there.
So far what I tried is reading modules that checked or computed method receivers. Mainly the type checker's
wfcheck. I think the problem is not in
wfcheck. I don't know where else to look next. I also tried finding the code that throws the error, and trace the execution to the point of error.