Debuginfo tests failing


#1

Anyone else getting loads of failures for debuginfo?

run debuginfo-gdb [x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu]: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/stage2/bin/compiletest
running 98 tests^M
test [debuginfo-gdb] debuginfo/basic-types-globals.rs ... ok^M
test [debuginfo-gdb] debuginfo/basic-types-globals-metadata.rs ... ok^M
test [debuginfo-gdb] debuginfo/borrowed-c-style-enum.rs ... FAILED^M
test [debuginfo-gdb] debuginfo/borrowed-basic.rs ... FAILED^M
test [debuginfo-gdb] debuginfo/basic-types.rs ... FAILED^M
test [debuginfo-gdb] debuginfo/basic-types-metadata.rs ... FAILED^M
test [debuginfo-gdb] debuginfo/associated-types.rs ... FAILED^M
test [debuginfo-gdb] debuginfo/basic-types-mut-globals.rs ... ok^M
test [debuginfo-gdb] debuginfo/borrowed-enum.rs ... FAILED^M
test [debuginfo-gdb] debuginfo/borrowed-struct.rs ... FAILED^M
test [debuginfo-gdb] debuginfo/box.rs ... FAILED^M
test [debuginfo-gdb] debuginfo/borrowed-tuple.rs ... FAILED^M
test [debuginfo-gdb] debuginfo/boxed-struct.rs ... FAILED^M
test [debuginfo-gdb] debuginfo/borrowed-unique-basic.rs ... FAILED^M
test [debuginfo-gdb] debuginfo/by-value-self-argument-in-trait-impl.rs ... FAILED^M

And so on. End of capture is:

failures:^M
^M
---- [debuginfo-gdb] debuginfo/borrowed-c-style-enum.rs stdout ----^M
        NOTE: compiletest thinks it is using GDB version 7.4^M
^M
error: line not found in debugger output: $1 = TheA^M
^M
status: exit code: 0^M
command: gdb -quiet -batch -nx -command=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/test/debuginfo-gdb/borrowed-c-style-enum.debugger.script^M
stdout:^M
------------------------------------------^M
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.4.1-debian^M
Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.^M
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>^M
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.^M
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"^M
and "show warranty" for details.^M
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".^M
For bug reporting instructions, please see:^M
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.^M
Breakpoint 1 at 0x961: file src/test/debuginfo/borrowed-c-style-enum.rs, line 58.^M
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]^M
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".^M
^M
Breakpoint 1, main::hf1a59fa5102d0e8fjaa () at src/test/debuginfo/borrowed-c-style-enum.rs:58^M
58          zzz(); // #break^M
^M
------------------------------------------^M
stderr:^M
------------------------------------------^M
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/test/debuginfo-gdb/borrowed-c-style-enum.debugger.script:9: Error in sourced command file:^M
No symbol "the_a_ref" in current context.^M

I thought it may be because of an old version of gdb, so upgraded to 7.8 but am still getting failure with the_a_ref:

GNU gdb (GDB) 7.8
Copyright (C) 2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu".
Type "show configuration" for configuration details.
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.
Find the GDB manual and other documentation resources online at:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word".
Breakpoint 1 at 0x961: file src/test/debuginfo/borrowed-c-style-enum.rs, line 58.
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".
/tmp/rust/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/test/debuginfo-gdb/borrowed-c-style-enum.stage2-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu: symbol lookup error: /tmp/rust/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/test/debuginfo-gdb/borrowed-c-style-enum.stage2-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu: undefined symbol: _ZN2rt10lang_start20h95c9e2bd4b185efaWQFE
[Inferior 1 (process 25401) exited with code 0177]
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/test/debuginfo-gdb/borrowed-c-style-enum.debugger.script:9: Error in sourced command file:
No symbol "the_a_ref" in current context.

Any ideas?


Make check not firing libcoretest tests
#2

So I just ran it by hand, and am getting:

x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/test/debuginfo-gdb/borrowed-c-style-enum.stage2-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu: symbol lookup error: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/test/debuginfo-gdb/borrowed-c-style-enum.stage2-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu: undefined symbol: _ZN2rt10lang_start20h95c9e2bd4b185efaWQFE

#3

That’s probably because LD_LIBRARY_PATH isn’t set correctly. For local builds you might want to run configure with --enable-rpath to get rid of this issue.


#4

@michaelwoerister thanks for helping out, but I managed to solve it. Turns out that Wheezy’s Valgrind needs the libc6-dbg package to work properly.

All tests OK now. Happy :slight_smile: