There were no FCPs last week, but we’re introducing several this week:
- FCP PR #1254: ordered ranges 2.0
- FCP PR #1255: RFC: Stabilize OS string to bytes conversions
FCP PR #1257:
We also closed the following pre-1.0 RFC:
- PR #1036: Add Builder guidelines
We would like to get some attention on the following RFC:
- PR #1252: Document and expand the open options
Otherwise, we talked about gaps in the ecosystem and crates.io infrastructure that we might work on in the coming months.
This week we merged the following RFCs:
Place left arrow syntax (
place <- expr)
- PR #1245: Amend #911 const-fn to allow unsafe const functions
RFC: Allow a re-export for
The placement feature and its syntax will continue to be discussed prior to stabilization in the tracking issue.
We are moving one RFC into final comment period:
- FCP PR #1268: Allow overlapping implementations for marker traits
We otherwise spent time reviewing high priority issues and discussing some thoughts about the placement protocol, which @huonw has recorded.
Compiler and tools
No meetings this week.