Rust 1.73.0 pre-release testing

The 1.73.0 pre-release is ready for testing. The release is scheduled for October 5. Release notes can be found here.

You can try it out locally by running:

RUSTUP_DIST_SERVER=https://dev-static.rust-lang.org rustup update stable

The index is https://dev-static.rust-lang.org/dist/2023-10-03/index.html.

The release team is also thinking about changes to our pre-release process: we'd love your feedback on this GitHub issue.

2 Likes

This blob took too long to generate.

Is there a github issue about splitting the file? It is really quite annoying, especially on mobile where I really don't want to view the raw file.

2 Likes

A copy-paste due to the size limit problem.

Version 1.73.0 (2023-10-05)

Language

Compiler

Refer to Rust's platform support page for more information on Rust's tiered platform support.

Libraries

Stabilized APIs

These APIs are now stable in const contexts:

Cargo

Misc

Compatibility Notes

Internal Changes

These changes do not affect any public interfaces of Rust, but they represent significant improvements to the performance or internals of rustc and related tools.

11 Likes

Release notes are also available here: 1.73.0 | Rust Changelogs

It is fun to see the click-rates on the links here, for a sense of what folks are interested in.

8 Likes

I suggest that the "check for non-defining uses of RPIT" note would benefit from a description that's more directly targetted to Rust programmers in general than the PR's description is.

I can see that there's good reason to believe that nobody will be troubled by this backwards-incompatible change, but I think it would be good if such changes came with reassuring descriptions along the lines of "you won't be affected by this unless you have ...".

2 Likes

{integer}::next_multiple_of is surprisingly popular!

It's incredibly useful when working with a buffer (and for many kinds of alignment stuff.really). It would definitely be one of may favourite things from this release!

1 Like

When me and Josh were first discussing int_roundings, I had to ask why he wanted that. He said block sizes, which was incredibly easy to understand the use case.

I'm just hoping we can get div_floor and the methods on signed integers faster than it took this to stabilize :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.