The wg-self-profiler working group maintains the unstable
-Z self-profile rustc flag and the associated profiler tooling in the
measureme crate. We're looking for feedback on what kinds of questions people are looking to answer with the feature and what their ideal workflows are.
Specifically, we'd like to hear from you if you:
Have used (or tried to use)
-Z self-profilein the past
- What information were you trying to find or what problem were you trying to solve?
- Did you find the information or solve the problem?
- What was your workflow for using the tool?
- What would make it easier to use the tooling?
Have profiled (or tried to profile) rustc in the past
- What tools did you use?
- What information were you looking for or problem were you trying to solve?
- Would the existing self-profiler features have helped you?
- What features are we missing?