This file has been truncated. show original
# Agenda 2015-03-10
* Statement-ize Looping Forms? (pnkfelix) https://github.com/rust-lang/rfcs/pull/955
* group temperature on "const functions" (pnkfelix) https://github.com/rust-lang/rfcs/pull/911
* wiki (nrc)
* hyphens in crate names (acrichto) https://github.com/rust-lang/rfcs/pull/940
- pcwalton, nmatsakis, nrc, steveklabnik, kmc, huon, aturon, acrichto
# const fns
- nmatsakis: Summary: eddyb opened an RFC, which allows you to write const fns with a very limited form. It's evaluable at compile time. The form is basically whatever you can put in a constant today -- basically, just one expression in the body (there are maybe some exceptions)
- nmatsakis: The main goal here isn't to enable CTFE, but rather to enable abstraction. Right now, we have to make certain fields public to allow you to write a const initializer. Examples, UnsafeCell. Right now, we use macros and stability to work around the abstraction problems.
- nmatsakis: The major pro is that it solves this problem in a more elegant way. The con is that it's a pretty big change to try to land now, if we want to use it to stabilize these things now.
- nrc: Is there an implementation?
- nmatsakis: Yes. I'm not sure whether it's been rebased -- I haven't looked closely, but I suspect it's good.