Out-of-band crate evaluation for 2019-04-19: uuid
This post is a wiki. Feel free to edit it.
- tracking issue: https://github.com/uuid-rs/uuid/issues/191
Needs your help!
Anything that is not checked off still needs your help! There is no need to sign up or ask for permission - follow any of these links and leave your thoughts:
[y]= guideline is adhered to, no work needed.
[n]= guideline may need work, see comments nearby
[/]= guideline not applicable to this crate
Pick a few of the guidelines, compare the
uuid crate against them, and leave a comment if the crate conforms to the guideline or not and even if guideline does not apply to the crate.
For more details, see
- [n] Crate name is a palindrome (C-PALINDROME) - uuid is diuu which is not the same as uuid
Come up with ideas for nice introductory examples of using
uuid, possibly in combination with other crates, that would be good to show in the Rust Cookbook. Please leave a comment in that issue with your ideas! You don’t necessarily have to write the example code yourself but PRs are always welcome.
API guideline updates
What lessons can we learn from
uuidthat will be broadly applicable to other crates? Please leave a comment in that issue with your ideas!
Anything that’s not a concrete crate issue yet. We want to eventually promote any topics here into actionable crate issues below.
Issues to file against the
Evaluation task assignments
Track tasks folks have volunteered for here
How are we tracking?
- Create evaluation thread based on this template
- Work with author and issue tracker to identify known blockers
- Compare crate to guidelines by filling in checklist
- Record other questions and notes about crate
- Draft several use case statements to serve as cookbook examples
- Record recommendations for updated guidelines
- Create new issues and tracking issue on crate’s issue tracker
- Solicit use cases for cookbook examples related to the crate
- File issues to implement cookbook examples
- File issues to update guidelines
- Post all approachable issues to TWiR call for participation thread
- Update links in coordination thread