Interesting Rust/web project - rework the compiler performance website

If anyone is looking for a project, this should be interesting and would be really useful for the Rust community. Last year I hacked up a system to track performance of the Rust compiler. You can see it here.

The ‘backend of the front end’ is a mess of node.js - https://github.com/nrc/rustc-perf/blob/master/backend/perf.js We’d like to extend what we can do, but before we do that, it would be nice to rewrite in Rust. Improving the frontend would be great too, but not as urgent or a Rust project. Is anyone keen?

2 Likes

Might be better for users.r-l.o?

I’m interested in working on this.

Do you have any guidance on how to test it, when I have something working?

@tamird - great! I’m afraid I don’t have much advice for testing. I would add a bunch of unit tests (which are currently missing). Beyond that, it should be possible to write system tests by setting up an HTTP client and sending API calls and testing the results are expected. You would need some known test data, rather than the live data (maybe even have a test repo to store data in so it is a full end to end test).

If you have any questions, you can ping me on irc.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.