Increase maximum daily emails?

So, I usually read this forum as well as rust-users in "mailing list" mode, i.e. receiving an email for each post. However, when there are too many posts in a day, this warning starts getting appended to the emails:

Heads up: We send a maximum of 100 daily emails. Check the site to see the ones that might be held back. PS thanks for being popular!

...and after one or more emails with that, further posts that day don't arrive at all.

This is quite annoying when it happens, for two reasons:

1. I'm used to browsing and reading the forum in my email client, but suddenly I have to switch to the website if I want to avoid missing anything.
  2. If the post(s) with the "100 daily emails" warnings happen to be in threads I'm not reading, I might not be aware that posts are missing.

(Also, although I don't mind being complimented on my popularity, it seems unwarranted in this instance. :slight_smile: )

I should have asked about this before, but the recent await opinionfest pushed rust-internals over the limit again (it's more common in rust-users) and reminded me about it. Apparently it's possible for administrators to change this limit; can someone bump it up?

3 Likes

I have disabled the “max emails per day per user” limit.

7 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Yes please! I’m also reading the forums by email and bumping up the limit would be very appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.