Diversity on the governance teams

Hi @starkat99! I’ve been spending a couple hours today researching what kinds of things I can do to make the mod team and the meetups more welcoming. Frankly I’m thrilled this has come up because it’s past time we started to shift the community from just building the technology into building the community. My current plans are to:

• organize more intro to rust mentoring rust days
  • organize round tables with community members and external leaders on how they grew their projects some small projects to global communities. Hopefully I’ll convince people from projects like the Ada Initiative, Ruby bridge, and the Apache foundation to come meet with us
  • encourage a more diverse speaker group. This may take some time though because I’m having enough trouble recruiting speakers in general, instead,
  • I’ll see if I can encourage our speakers to go speak about rust at events with a diverse audience.

All this will take some time to get moving, but I hope once it does it’ll help to assuage your concerns. We care quite deeply about making everyone feel welcome here. If not, how else will we take over the world? :smiley:

3 Likes