[Closed, with a new one] Checked exception simulation in Rust( 2nd version )

Thanks for your reply which is extensive and helpful for me to go further. @vorner

Naming issue

I have no strong opinion about the syntax or naming. That's why CeX supports both throws syntax and style of writing vanilla Rust as fallback. In perspective of EnumX, "throw" is into_enum() and "rethrow" is exchange_into(). But the latter names tend to be not related to error-handling. If someone got more proper names than throw, I will be glad to adopt them.

However, the terminology "exception" is not introduced in recent discussion. In RFC 0243-trait-based-exception-handling.md, "exception" appears 79 times, "throw" 22 times. This RFC regards "Rust exception" as "a lightweight(in syntax) but explict propagation of early return with Err":

And I considered CeX to be an immediate successor to RFC 0243:

EnumX related issue

I believe this topic is not related to error handling but a goal what EnumX aims to achieve. Some existing crates are ready on crates.io. And I have posted a Pre-RFC, however, "impl enum" not involved yet.

Early exit issue

As far as I know, Rust's iterators are lazy, so it is not required to do early exit from several levels of call stack until consuming. As I mentioned in previous post, try_fold() is up to this job( correct me if I am wrong ).

Generalization issue

Both @kornel and you mentioned this. But I am still not very clear about the ? issue. CeX does not develop its own ? mechanism: ~?/~~? are not new operators but are a combination of ~/~~ and ?. However I am planing to add a dev branch in the github repo to do experiments and verifications of the idea. Would you plz show me some sample code which ought to be supported but not yet by CeX?