Brson's "someday" list

@goyox86 great! I think the most important thing to do is to just start building visibility and momentum. My rough plan here was to

• Learn how to build hello world on fuchsia
  • Blog about that and post it to /r/rust
  • Start a thread on users.rlo asking how best to get community momentum

It would be great to have somebody leading the charge on Rust on Fuchsia (that could be you!). That somebody probably needs to get involved in the Fuchsia community and begin to understand where the opportunities are. We could then probably come up with a set of really neat projects to solicit contributions for, maybe start a github.com/rust-on-fuchsia org, do some hackathons, etc.

I suspect some big opportunities are:

• hardware drivers - Fuchsia is a microkernel with userspace drivers, which makes them fairly accessible. It's a new architecture, so there's need for a ground up rebuilding of the driver ecosystem. There's lots of hardware in the world to write drivers for. Having a big set of Fuchsia Rust drivers would firmly entrench Rust in the OS. We could pick some really cool SBC and aim to get Fuchsia working on it via Rust drivers.

• coreutils - This is a pretty neat project that is developing slowly. Would be awesome to port it to Fuchsia. Not sure the state of coreutils on Fuchsia.

And ... I don't really know what else. Somebody needs to be in closer contact with the Fuchsia community. I know @cramertj has been poking at porting tokio and would be a good ally in the Fuchsia effort.

cc @raphlinus